Residents of HCHC properties who are facing eviction may be eligible for the Eviction Prevention Rental Assistance Program (ERAP). The Commission will make rental assistance payments to help you get current on your rent. Apply online.
PLEASE NOTE – Funds for ERAP are limited. ONLY residents from the following communities listed below may inquire about applying for assistance:
- Azure Oxford Square
- Burgess Mill Station Phases I and II
- Columbia Commons
- Columbia Landing
- Ellicott Gardens
- Gateway Village Apartments
- Leola Dorsey Community Resource Center
- Monarch Mills
- Orchard Crossing Townhomes
- RAD – HCH New Ventures (Colts Crossing/Scattered Sites)
- Scattered Sites (Managed by Edgewood Management)
- Selbourne House at Dorsey Hall
- Stoney Run
- The Verona at Oakland Mills
- Tiber Hudson
We are committed to helping those impacted by the pandemic. For those of you not financially impacted by the pandemic, timely rent payments are critical. Please contact the on-site property manager to discuss any rent concerns that do not relate to eviction prevention assistance.
To be eligible, a household must be obligated to pay rent on a residential dwelling and the Commission must determine that:
- One or more individuals within the household has qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship due, directly or indirectly, to the COVID-19 outbreak. You will be required to provide proof of Financial Hardship; AND
- One or more individuals within the household can demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability; AND
- The household has a household income at or below 80% of area median income; AND
- The households currently has a Warrant of Restitution and is unable to pay the rent to stop the eviction.
If You Have a Housing Choice Voucher:
An eligible household that occupies a federally subsidized residential unit (Housing Choice Voucher recipient), may receive assistance, if funds are not applied to costs that have been or will be reimbursed under any other federal assistance. Funds will be for the resident’s portion of the rent and utility cost only.
If an eligible household receives a monthly federal subsidy (e.g., a Housing Choice Voucher, Public Housing, or Project-Based Rental Assistance) Tenants are required to contact the HCV Program first, and the tenant’s rent must be adjusted if income was reduced. Tenant will be considered for the eviction prevention assistance if hardship still exists after rent adjustment.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://howardcounty.prefixhealth.com (use Agency Code: HCH385)
For more information, please contact: Pedro Martins at email@example.com or 443-518-7804