The Howard County Housing Commission is governed by a seven member board appointed by the Howard County Executive and confirmed by the Howard County Council. Each Commissioner serves a five-year term. The Board represents a broad spectrum of housing industry expertise and community interests. Meet our Board Members.
Date: March 21, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
Location: 9770 Patuxent Woods Drive, Columbia, MD 21046 (and Virtual)
Click Here for Agenda
Click Here to Register for Virtual Attendance
*The board generally meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month.
Mission & Vision
The mission of the Howard County Housing Commission is to provide safe, quality, affordable, and sustainable housing opportunities for low- and moderate-income families who live or work in Howard County and to assist them in moving toward economic independence. The Commission will pursue this mission through open, efficient, innovative, and accountable processes.
In pursuing our mission, we apply these six guiding principles:
- Affordable housing should be integrated with market-rate housing and not concentrated or isolated.
- Affordable housing should compare favorably to housing in the community.
- Affordable housing should be environmentally friendly.
- Affordable housing should be universally designed.
- Affordable housing should be self-sufficient.
- Affordable housing programs should help to move participants toward economic self-sufficiency.