Below are some resources that may be useful in your housing search:
- MD Housing Search: A free resource to search for affordable homes throughout Maryland is https://mdhousingsearch.org.
- Affordable Rentals in Howard County: Listings of rental communities in Howard County that have affordable rental units reserved for households of lower income. Many of these properties have waiting lists but it may be worthwhile to contact them to see what may be available –
- Community Resources in Howard County: Click Here for a directory of local community resources that provide services including homelessness/emergency sheltering, eviction prevention, energy assistance, financial counseling, and case management.
- Other Providers of Housing Assistance in Howard County: Below is a list of other providers of housing assistance in Howard County. Types of assistance and eligibility requirements vary. Inquire directly with the provider to learn more –
- Bridges to Housing Stability
- Community Action Council of Howard County
- Heritage Housing Partners
- Howard County Dept. of Community Resources and Services
- Howard County Dept. of Housing and Community Development
- Homelessness Services – Grassroots Crisis Intervention
- Various Housing Assistive Services – Community Action Council of Howard County (“CAC”)
- Intimate Partner Violence Services – HopeWorks of Howard County
- Continuum of Care (Operated by Department of Community Resources and Services)
- Housing Stability Subsidy Program (Operated by Bridges to Housing Stability)
- Moderate Income Housing Unit (MIHU) Program (Operated by Department of Housing and Community Development)